Sunday, April 13, 2008

Special Treats

About once a week we go out to eat for a special treat, mostly Western.  Some of our favorites:
  • Nando's:  Portuguese eatery with incredible chicken.  The hummus is fabulous too.
  • Arizona Grill:  American food.  
  • Costa Coffee:  We've tried to recreate our "study in a coffee shop" atmosphere from back home, but it hasn't been as successful as we like. But its a 5 minute walk from our house so it nice for Joe to go get a cup of Jo every once in a while. 
  • Salt 'n Peppa:  Local food buffet.  When we're in the mood for local food.  Right on the ocean!
  • And some familiars: McDonalds, Pizza Hut, and KFC.
Hopefully we will keep trying to venture out to some of the hot spots

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE tell me you don't really support McDonald's, Pizza Hut, and KFC?! I hate when I see a McDonald's in other countries :( ... Plus, my nutrition side of me has to say that it's not very healthy ;)

Unknown said...

I"m so glad that you have Costa Coffee there- that was a special treat for me too- esp. when the electricity goes out- I hope you get good times of rest there!