Sunday, August 10, 2008

Birthday Post

 I tried to switch the time back to U.S. time so I could actually post this entry on my birthday.  But no such success.  I have already had a full night's sleep and the day has moved on to the 10th here.  
My birthday was a low key day here.  We heard the medical team missed a flight which gave us 16 or so extra hours to prepare for their coming. In the afternoon we met up with our friends Dave and Jenny at the local Naval Park (with so much money going to the military they really keep up their parks:)  ).  Of all things, Jenny has the same birthday.  The menu included a bucket of Kentucky Fried (hey, options are limited here), homemade salsa (my choice potluck item this month) and a really nice cake from a bakery (Dave's find).

I came home and had a quick chat with my family back in MO.  I gave my twin brother a call, but he didn't pick up.  I had heard he was out playing African drums for his (our) birthday.  Probably couldn't hear the ringer over the beats.

2 comments:

Tomas Dias said...

I'm SORRY I missed your call. I wish I could have called you back but I don't have the intl calling on my phone. My Bday was also low key but I was happy to hear form you. My friends Mike and Rachel gave me a cupcake with a candle in it.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Mary! I wish I had your number! I wanted to call you on my int'l calling card. I love you lots and miss you tons.