Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bijli Ati Jati hey

The topic of conversation around here these days is not about sports or weather, but the electricity.  In the last few days, the electricity comes and goes (the meaning of the title) constantly.  Sometimes it is 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off for hours.  I am learning to not keep things (like a computer) plugged in b/c the power surges can harm things even with a transformer.  I am learning to buy in smaller amounts b/c food is going bad in the refrigerator.  I am learning to sleep with sweat dripping down.  

To be honest, I don't know how to explain the bureaucratic problems that is causing this.  But I do know that the newspaper said this morning that on top of this, they are now going to raise the price of electricity.  There could be some very angry people . . . 

1 comment:

david santos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.