Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Missing Mom

2 years ago my mom passed away.  As I look at her photo, it still feels like a huge loss in my heart.  She was so precious to me.  Looking at her photo, I can still hear her voice in my head.  I hear the intonations of her voice and how she said my name.  I remember the experience of her care and love for me.  I remember her waiting at the door for me when I would arrive home after a 10 hour drive from Minneapolis.  And I remember that last hour of the drive, being so excited to see her everytime.
Along with all this God has brought me much comfort and care.  To His Glory, I can say that HE is GOOD.

This is a photo of my mom holding my twin and I.  My brother Dave is on the left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary- That is a really neat picture. I can't believe it's been two years already- Maybe it feels longer and shorter to you in different ways?
I will say a prayer for you tonight. May God comfort you as you continue to miss your mom.
Kellie

jamie said...

great post mary- i read your blog often! love to hear how you guys are doing!
ps- i didn't know you were a twin!